Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

2.05.2006

A little bit of the knit-blues

I haven't had a finished object in over three weeks. Despite having knitted like a madwoman on various works-in-progress, I haven't made much of that "p-word:" progress.

See, I have a grand total of 4 projects on the needles. Salina, the Luxe Minisweater, Natalya Gauntlets, and Jaywalker Socks (speaking of joining bandwagons...). Luxe Mini just needs sleeves, but I left my gorgeous mother of pearl buttons at home in Brownsville, so I can't wear her until I get those. I'm looking forward to wearing her soon, and I'll post pictures once I get the sleeves done.

Salina is a project on the cusp. I don't know if I'll have enough yarn to finish her. And if I don't, then it looks like she'll either be frogged or made with 3/4 sleeves. I hope neither is the case, since I'm quite fond of the sweater. All I have left is that small ball of yarn and two hanks for the sleeves. And that's it. I have no idea if there'll be enough for seaming.

The Natalya Gauntlets are pretty much doomed. Behold:
That is how much of the mohair I have left. And here I was, thinking I'd run out of the cotton/silk Dale yarn. Unless I can find another ball of that olive green Katya, these babies will remain unfinished, or will need to reincarnate as shorter gauntlets.


And finally, Jaywalkers. I love the pattern and the look of the socks, but as I tried them on last night, I realized that it was quite difficult to get them over my heel. And since I don't have inclinations of chopping it off (a-la Grimm's Fairytale version of Cinderella), I probably will *sigh* rip these back and start afresh with the larger size. But re-starting a pair of socks is not quite high on my "things I want to do" list.

Oh well, that's the project lineup for now. Yet once the Knitpicks yarn gets here, I'm going to be leaf-knitting like crazy! I even made a chart and everything! I probably should finish a project or two before tackling the bedspread. You know, victory before the battle even begins? ;-)