Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

12.24.2005

At this time of year, with all the festivities, bright lights and colourful gifts, I sometimes like to sit back and reflect on wonderful events and sensations that might slip through your fingers if you aren't careful. Here's a list of things in my own life that I've stopped to appreciate. What have you thoroughly enjoyed recently?

1. Cold crisp pomegranates
2. Dancing like a lunatic to the rhythms of ABBA with my sister
3. Pinning my brother down and tickling him
4. Having a usually vile and cranky cat purring in my lap
5. Singing Christmas carols
6. Not eating microwaveable or take-out dinners, but mom's cooking
7. Reading for pleasure for hours on end
8. Smelling Wintertime and Christmastime in the air
9. Decorating the Christmas tree with my daddy
10. Family dinners, with all of us together

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

P.S. I'll post a knitting post later today, once I yoink my sister's camera for a little while.