Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

12.13.2005

A law that applies to virtually everyone

The chances of your printer screwing up are directly proportional to the time between printing and when your paper is due.

For example, my final paper is due in 1/2 an hour. My chances of my printer screwing up are very high, and are higher and higher as the minutes dwindle between the current time and the time which my paper is due. Had I printed my paper this morning, I wouldn't have got a paper jam that induced the blue screen of death to my computer, and made my printer make noises that can only be comparable to the biblical wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 8:12). I like the word gnash. It sounds so archaic and... well, biblical. Plus, it's fun to say.

Luckily, I got it to print without any more scary noises. Wish me luck, this paper will make or break my grade!