Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

11.12.2005

See, I can keep my promises!

As promised, here are some pictures of the progress of my Saxon Braid Scarf:


That's the cable. I think I messed up on about row 14, but I'm going to continue knitting one more repeat, to see if it's an error in the pattern. Otherwise, look how beautiful those cables are. My tension probably could improve a little bit, but in and of themselves, those cables just sing!

I'm really enjoying this pattern. I know I need to be dutiful and finish at least one HP item for myself for the premiere (6 days!!!!!), and since I don't think I'll be able to finish Weasley, I'd better get cracking on the Ravenclaw scarf. That's the reason I haven't been blogging... the past month has been so... bleh with the miles upon miles of stockinette. Ah, the self-actualization that a knitter receives upon embarking on a new and interesting project.

Edit: I looked at the Vogue Knitting website and found their errata. No wonder the cable looked wonky in that part! I've fixed it now, and though I probably won't rip back to the beginning, it's good I discovered the errata early on.