Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

12.30.2004

+Untitled+

I really wish my friends would get over their feelings of being "weirded out" by the fact that I knit. I do it, so get over it! It really is difficult to maintain two blogs and keep things separate. However, I have begun to make it much more widely known that I do knit. I went bowling today with some old friends, and in between rounds, I worked on a hand-knit kitchen towelette (dishcloth) for Mrs. Ramirez. I finished Gaby's scarf either yesterday or two days ago, and I have begun a new scarf, out of Lion Brand Wool-Ease in super chunky yarn. It's soft, and the colors remind me of green tea and cream. I'll post pictures when I can, and although I didn't take a snapshot of the dishcloth, I am going to make another one for my family out of the leftover cotton yarn (what else am I going to do with almost a full skein of cotton?). I hated knitting it, for it brought back not-so-fond memories of my Zeeby Bag, and the yarn's uncanny ability to suck the moisture out of my hands. Very uncomfortable. However, I do have other projects in my line-up, including 4 Hogwarts Scarves to be made by the time Christmas Break is over, and in other non-knitting projects, I must finish a few more of my favorite tote bags (5 in total, one for my sister), and do the transfer of our home videos to DVD. I do, however, need a new scanner, which will promote the new and fiendish scanning of old sewing/knitting/crochet books from the 1970's, so I have instructions and patterns at the ready (the latter are for altering, obviously, because the colors and styles of some things are absolutely horrendous). The new scanner will also serve to put baby pictures onto DVD with music in the background. Though that will be more of a challenge in and of itself. Goodnight, as I continue to procrastinate. I promise pictures in the morning.