Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

12.13.2004

Apparently, Nights are for Knitting

My mom recently told me that what she wanted for Christmas was all of our home videos and baby pictures on DVD (The way I calculate it, it'll be more like 3 DVD's). So she's been getting a little peeved with me that I haven't started the transfer of data/movies/pictures etc. to my computer. We got the hardware last night, mind you. So her idea is that I do all the computer stuff during the day, and all the knitting I have to do at night. Yet she still wants me to wake up early to do her stuff, and the way I'm knitting, I need to stay up until doomsday to finish the knitting projects I have lined up. I also have encountered some problems:

I cast on the drop-stitch scarf for my sister's friend Anna on my size 10 needles... I need the size 10 needles for my sister's ribby scarf as well as Anna's sister Gaby's drop-stitch scarf

I have yet to figure out what to get Anna and Gaby's mom (she's like an aunt to me, and they're like extended sisters to me)

I want to finish the socks and then the Booga Bag, but I don't know what sort of time I have to do that before December 24

However, there are quite a few good things that will happen. On Thursday I get to hang out with Kevin (my best friend) after helping Mr. Matthews (my former religion teacher and a man who IS Santa Clause in kindness, love, and looks) with the Christmas party for his wife's students (she works with mentally challenged children). I am going to begin curling up with my Birthday copies of the Lord of the Rings trilogy before Christmas Eve, when I will receive the boxed set of Extended DVD's. I have yarn and yarn and more yarn to make things, and so I am excited.

Pictures of the progress will go up soon, and I would like to know where I could find little percentage bars for the blog. Anyone know?