Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

11.28.2004

Pictures Coming Soon!

I have begun the Zeeby bag, have finished the cloth Stitch N' Bitch Knitter's bag out of my own fabric, and made it to suit my own tastes, including giving it lacy trim, a pocket, and lining. I'm thinking of creating quite a few of these over Christmas Break and selling them for 10 dollars on Ebay. I'll post pictures of my quite-increasing stash, the Candy Stripe Scarf before and after, the progress on Zeeby, and new purchases of yarn I will make before going home for Christmas. FYI, there is only ONE place that sells non-acrylic yarns in the entire Rio Grande Valley, and it's in Mission, TX, which is about 45 mins away from home. So I'll stock up before I go home. However, I have discovered that the Michael's in Harlingen sells acrylic/mohair blends from Paton's yarn, so I do believe I will go there to scope out the situation, and I shall also explore Hobby Lobby and such. Besides, I want to make myself another shawl, but in black Red Heart yarn, so that later I can buy myself pretty little brooches to hold it this winter.

TWO WEEKS TILL SCHOOL'S OUT!!!!!