Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

11.22.2004

Here, scarfy scarfy scarfy!

The Candy Stripe scarf is going really well! I may actually finish it over Thanksgiving break! In order to avoid the terrible Suddenly-widening syndrome, I keep counting my stitches every time I do a color block so that I don't end up with a scarf that's 3 inches wide on one side and 5 inches wide on the other. I accompanied one of my friends, Rachel, from Intro to Ancient Egypt to her Chemistry class at 1, and we sat in Welch Hall just talking as her friends showed up. One of her friends, a girl named Mary Jo from Nigeria (cool!) was really curious about knitting, so I offered to teach her. I don't exactly know WHEN I can do that, considering I only have about 3 more class days to do it before finals, but I'm sure it'll all be alright. Ta Ta!