Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

2.07.2006

Super-Luxe Minisweater

Behold: *update: pictures fixed*



Glampyre Knits Minisweater (Pattern)
Yarn: RYCashsoft DK in cream, (57% extrafine merino, 33% microfibre, 10% cashmere), Habu Textiles Kusaki-zome Silk in color 23, a mint green (100% silk), and Misti Alpaca laceweight in cream (100% baby alpaca).
- 3 balls of Cashsoft
- 2 balls of Habu Silk
- 1 ball of Misti Alpaca
Cashoft had about 1/2 a ball left, Habu had about 1/6 of a ball left, and Misti Alpaca had about 1/4 of a ball left
Started: A few days before going to Disneyworld, so December 26? 2005
Finished: February 5, 2005
Embellishments: Antique mother-of-pearl buttons found in Houston (I *did* have them with me!)
Pattern modifications/notes: The combination of these three yarns is probably the nicest thing you can do for your hands... it's on par with angora's softness. All three are luscious on their own, but together...WOW! Since I made a minisweater before, I was able to modify this one to suit my tastes. I changed the garter-stitch border to seed stitch, and began the bust increases about 16 rows into the raglan increases. Good thing I did. I was aiming for more boob coverage without having to lengthen the body substantially. It worked out perfectly. Those increases also allowed for a slight overlap of the edges, for a less strained fit at the bust. I also lengthened the sleeves and made them less puffy because that way, the design is a bit more elegant. Overall, the pattern is quite well written and I will probably be making more of these soon, since they seem to be a hit amongst fashion conscious teenage girls (*cough* my sister *cough*).