Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

9.09.2005

Falling for Fall Knitty

I must say that this issue of Knitty is absolutely splendid.

Arisaig is gorgeous, and I've been lusting to make a wrap-around sweater. It's either this, or Lucky from Stitch N Bitch Nation.

Samus. It's based on a killer videogame character, *and* has cables. Uh-huh. I'm in love. (Just as Ms. Singer noted on her blog, I got deja-vu too).

Blackberry is lovely, only I would make it in a thinner yarn.

Leaves in Relief. Another deja-vu experience, since I'd seen a Gondorian White Tree sweater elsewhere. It's based on Rogue, which I am lusting after as well, because, well, CABLES! There is nothing I love more than Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and The Princess Bride.

Ella is an interesitng shawl, and I like the lace, but it seemed to me that the designer was trying to model it as "the next Clapotis." Lovely as this new one is, the original still holds the key to my heart.

I have one word for Flora. YES!

Falling Leaves remind me of Wyvern, only a tad lacier. Do I really need another favorite sock pattern? Indeed I do.

Finally, Astrodome makes me happy. I don't know if it's the slightly tacky, uber vibrant design and colors, or if I just feel an affinity to it being from Texas.


Coming Soon: A trip to the yarn store provides me with yarn for a sweater and shawl.... oh the possibilities!