Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

6.15.2005

Tomorrow is going to be rough...

It's definitely past my bedtime, since nowadays I have to wake up at 6:30 so that I can take my brother to summer school, which starts at 7:45... but the drive to school is 20 minutes. Therefore, early bedtimes are necessary. As well as discipline. Neither of which I have tonight. Though today I accomplished more than half of my to-do list. Yet lack of discipline set in as I was cross-stitching the final touches on my lemon tree. I still have a wee bit to go, but it looks so lovely with the outlining. Outlining definitely brings a cross-stitch piece to life, I've found. I'll post a picture tomorrow, then, once it's finished. Then there's a little more to do to mount it on a frame and such, but I think it'll look lovely.

Knitwise, I got another stripe in on the Ravenclaw Scarf. Only two more blue bands to go, and one and a half silver stripes, and then all it'll be lacking is a bit of fringe.

I don't know what the knitting situation will be like this summer, since it turns out I will be going to Spain after all. I'll be doing the summer camp all of July, with spectacular pay, and my mom promised me some wondrous scouring of Madrid for yarn. Loads and loads of yarn. I told her a suitcase full would satisfy me. ;-)

Goodnight.