Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

6.14.2005

Even iPods Need Sweaters!

Charlotte got herself a cozy! I searched online and found a pattern that was easy, quick, and had materials on-hand! I just cast on a few more stitches on needles a size bigger, and since I had some leftover Thick-N-Quick from a scarf I made in December, I was on my way. I cast on 11 stitches instead of 8, and used US10.5 needles. I found a button in Mommy's sewing basket, and there you have it!

Here's Charlotte, nice and warm in her cozy. Not that she needs it in the Brownsville summers, but it's quite useful for preventing scratches she might get in my bottomless purse.

My sweetheart sent me flowers yesterday! I was feeling miserable on Friday, so he decided to send me that gorgeous arrangement to perk up my day. Unfortunately, the flower shop didn't know where I lived, so they called me to ask directions. So the delivery wasn't a surprise, but it certainly made my day brighter.

In other Knitting News, I joined the NBaT along over at nonaKnits. Everyone's T's look gorgeous! I've started mine, but it's been on a little hiatus with the other two projects on the needles. I've got some US 7 circulars that I'll use to make it easier, and plus, tonight us girls are going to watch a movie, which will afford some lovely knitting time. It's The Adventures of Robin Hood with Errol Flynn. Old movies are so fun, and I'd love to see the famous swashbuckler himself in a classic role. I was able to borrow it for a few days from the public library, since they didn't have the first part of Pride and Prejudice available. I really want my grandma (who's visiting this week) to see it, and Colin Firth. (*drool*) Ahem.

I've also picked up a new hobby this week! (Oh no! Not another obsession!) Cross stitching is a glorious thing, and I can't believe I didn't pick it up before. I cross-stitched a very cute little dancing bear, and I'll post a picture of it soon. I gave it to Grandma, who inspired me to cross-stitch in the first place, and I'll post my work-in progress as well. It's a little lemon tree!

Well, off now to craft away the morning!