Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

2.21.2005

Is it so bad to be a crafty wench?

[mood: crafty as all get-out]
[music: Beatles - Get Back]

Despite the love and devotion I hold toward craft and knitting blogs, there's a rather, um, shall we say, unfortunate (in some ways) reaction that occurs within my brain when I read them. I get hyper-inspired to make all sorts of nifty things.... which is not a bad thing, except when one has mountains of homework to dig through and all one wants to do is revel in craftiness. Yup, those really cute and hip things that young designers make just make me want to make my own because I'm too cheap to pay for one and buy it. Sometimes I'd like to be a handbag/scarf/accessory designer and sell my stuff online. However, there's little money to be made with my *ahem* limited skills and talents. I guess I'll just make 'em for myself.

In the world of Knitting, I'm holding off on doing any sort of knitting this week, so that I can study for my test on Wednesday, read the several hundred pages of novels that I need to get through and write the paper I need to write. But once this week of stress is concluded, there will be so much to create! Yup yup!