Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

10.07.2005

Fall, Fall, Fall!

Fall has finally hit Austin. Both yesterday and today had sweater temperatures, and today was even cold enough to bust out the knitwear. I donned my Dragon Scale Gauntlets and Jayne hat, and was ready to take on the world. It's quite a beautiful feeling, knowing your knitwear is coming to use in a place that doesn't have a "real" continuous season for it.

To celebrate, Laura and I went to the yarn store. I was able to use the ballwinder and swift there to ball up a whole lotta hanks I had lying around, especially the ones for use in the Sesame Sweater from the September issue of MagKnits. I also happened to pick up some Dale of Norway yarn and some Katia mohair to make another pair of soft and subtle Dragon Scale Gauntlets that won't cause my arms to itch up a storm.

Last night was wonderful, though. My daddy's in Austin, and I showed him some of the Austin sights---including my LYS. He was quite amazed by the sheer quantity of fiber available, but he allowed me to enhance the stash a little bit. I got the desired yarn for another minisweater: Cashsoft, Misti Alpaca, and Habu Silk. Mmmm. Well, I'll post pictures when the sky ceases to be quite so overcast.