Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

9.19.2005

November 18, here I come!

In preparation for the new Harry Potter movie that premieres on November 18 (for those of us not lucky enough to be in the UK or New York or Los Angeles), I've gotten down to business finishing HP scarves and beginning my Weasley sweater. I'll post pictures of it when it's more than simply a strip of green stockinette stitch. Instead of a letter, I'm planning to put this little baby on it. The colors are not indicative of those you should knit. The blue is the MC, and the red is for a black or dark outline (since counting little black squares might be well-nigh impossible), the gold and white are accurate. For my own Weasley, I won't be doing the lettering, but you can include it if you want.

In terms of the HP scarves, I only had four stripes to go on the first Ravenclaw scarf, and I finished two. Then I bound off. So now I have to go back and knit two more stripes. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Perhaps that's how I'll occupy my time while watching Firefly. Wow! That show is amazing! I don't think I've ever been so enthralled in a TV show before. And now, I can't wait for the premiere of Serenity. As a thank-you gift to my dear cousin Matt for introducing me to Firefly, I'm going to send him something secret and special having to do with the show for the premiere of the movie. Since I don't know if he reads this blog, I don't want to go spoiling the surprise. All I will say is that it requires a short trip to the yarn store this afternoon.

Enjoy yourselves, and let me know how the pattern looks!