Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

9.11.2005

Sockpal Socks are Finished!

Finally, after much toil and strife (well, not really), my Sock Pal socks are complete. I love them. I sincerely hope my sock pal does too!

(Click Here for a Close-up of Texture)

Project Specs:

Pattern: Marnie MacLean's Wyvern Woman's Sock Pattern
Yarn: Paton's "Grace" (100% Mercerized Cotton) in variegated purple, lilac, white and blue (Color 60903), Lot 207.
Needles: US 2/ 2.75 mm Double Pointed Needles
US 3/ 3.25 mm Double Pointed Needles
Amount: Approximately 2 1/4 balls used, 3 purchased total
Notes: I made the large size, casting on 68 stitches. I slightly modified the heel to make a shallower, and thus (in my opinion) better fitting sock. Instead of making 11 short rows for the heel, I did 9. This then gave a proper foot length, whereas the 11-row heel made it *waay* too long. Another alteration was only doing 4 pattern repeats after the heel, then switching to size 3 DPNS for the ribbing.
I will definitely repeat this pattern. It was fun, relatively easy, and I love the result.