Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

10.05.2005

A revelatory post

I got inspired to make a list of things that bother and please me. I decided to post it to reveal a little bit about myself. These are in no particular order, except the order in which I thought of them. Be inspired to make one of your own (I am quite verbose, so feel free to reduce it to ten or even five things!)


25 Things that bother me:

  1. Greasy hair
  2. Adults ridiculed or outwitted by their children
  3. Being vain and thinking I know something, only to be proven dreadfully wrong
  4. Pretentiousness
  5. My haircut
  6. Not being able to understand things easily
  7. The taste of milk that’s beginning to turn slightly sour
  8. Acne
  9. Realizing I’m much stupider than I believed myself to be
  10. Feeling fat
  11. The feeling of spiderwebs on my skin, either real or imagined
  12. When I make a fool of myself
  13. Knowing I’ve made a mistake, ignoring it in the present, then in the future coming across it and remembering my laziness at not fixing it
  14. How mean I was as a child
  15. Being overly flattered or overly criticized
  16. Humidity
  17. Getting mango fibers stuck in my teeth
  18. Poor grammar
  19. Unrequited love
  20. Unhappy endings
  21. Naming someone Jesus
  22. The totally irrelevant naming of subdivisions and street names, such as “The Woods” to describe a subdivision that is scrub brush and weeds
  23. Extreme disorganization
  24. How I’m always in love
  25. The lack of inspiration for poetry I’ve suffered in recent years

25 Things that please me:

  1. Wearing warm sweaters when it’s cold out
  2. Listening to melancholic music and feeling a surge of melancholic emotion, even if I’m happy
  3. Capturing an awesome photograph
  4. Random acts of kindness
  5. Waking up ½ an hour early, and then realizing I get to sleep that much longer
  6. Ice Cream
  7. Knitting
  8. Bagpipes and violins
  9. Blue eyes
  10. Getting chills of excitement at a movie preview
  11. Being a Spaniard
  12. Fantasy worlds accessible only through literature
  13. Music moving me to sing and dance
  14. Long Hugs
  15. Disney movies
  16. Online games like Alchemy, Fowl Words, or Gold Miner
  17. Unexpected but harmonious color combinations
  18. Bargain shopping
  19. Overstuffed chairs and cups of hot tea
  20. How attached I am to my family
  21. My ability to memorize and recite poetry
  22. Looking at the scale and realizing I’ve lost weight
  23. Cute artistry and stuffed animals
  24. Teaching someone something they didn’t know
  25. The smell of rain