Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

8.16.2005

Due to a slight miscalculation on our part....

Ka-BOOM!!!!!

Well, there weren't explosions involved, but the look of horror on my face after discovering I'd knit two extra inches onto one of my Hourglass Sweater sleeves was comparable.



See? I lined the neckline up perfectly with one of the lines on my comforter, and the difference is blatantly obvious. Though I measured after completing the sleeve, thank goodness I thought to measure again when everything seemed to be just a tad bit off. I was seriously tempted to continue merrily chugging along. However, I knew the mistake would sit and glare at me from now until eternity, and I would just toss the sweater into a box with other not-quite-right knits. And since this sweater is beautiful--the design, the color, the texture, everything--it's not-quite-right to relegate it to an unseen box. Though the time to rip it back and then re-knit it might not be just now, as I'm still a bit too peeved to work on it.

Thank goodness I'm not someone who gets loud and aggressive when angry. I just sit and fume and throw nasty looks. Which is what I'm doing to the sweater sleeve in question. But what do mine eyes find? A gorgeous little knitting bag I sewed up two days ago! With knitting needle pockets on the inside and everything!