Chartreuse Knits

Where a college student learns--and struggles with--the zen of knitting. It's the process, not the product, though the product is much more fun to wear!

3.18.2006

Long Time No... Blog

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. I don't even have a good excuse. And since today is dreary, ugly, and very grey here in Austin, I don't even have knitting update pictures for you.

But I do have a few little life updates.

I've made some progress on Laura's bedspread. I had made it up to 15 pattern repeats, was totally psyched that I'd memorized the pattern, and was ready to add ball of yarn number 3 to the strip, when I realized that somewhere around repeat 10 I'd skipped a row. So from then on, everything had been off. I mean, it wasn't that noticeable, but it irked me. So I frogged. And now, to catch up on a week's worth of knitting, I've popped in "The Goonies" to knock #65.15 off my 101 in 1001 list.

And finally, I knocked number 61 off my list, to test drive a Beemer. Ok, well, not quite a Beemer. My dad took me to the BMW/Toyota/Mercedes dealership in Harlingen when I was up there to get a cavity filled (woo hoo) this past Wednesday. We pretended that I was graduating this May, and that in honor of graduating with honors (ha-ha!) my dad would buy me a sweet little sports car. Unfortunately, they didn't have any BMW sports cars to test drive, but they did have a sweet little Mercedes convertible roadster. So in that vein, I got to test drive this baby:
It was sweet. I was a little too chicken to take it above 50 mph (you know, speed limits do exist), but I did get to do a little donut in the parking lot. WOW, the thing turns on a dime! I even got to drive it with the top down! The only drawback was that they didn't have any with standard gear shift. But the dealer assured me that they could order one for me, if I decided I wanted one. ;-) Maybe when my dad wins the lottery and I graduate Summa Cum Laude from UT. Tee hee.

So it wasn't a BMW, but it's about as sexy as the BMW roadster. Oh yeah, baby!